TNT Leadership Academy + Accelerator
Many organizations struggle to equip and develop those rising-up within their organization to effectively step into leadership roles. Vantage has developed a practical framework that is scalable and relevant to effectively develop the next tier leaders of any organization. Through The Next Tier (TNT) Leadership Academy + Accelerator program, we work with you to unlock potential and increase effectiveness for the development and management of high-performance teams.
Misaligned priorities between the C-Suite and The Next Tier Leaders is one of the leading contributors of stalled growth and counterproductive work in an organization.
Priorities are identified, prioritized and aligned through this phase.
Understanding how and why we show up to work for ourselves, our people, and our customers the way we do is an integral part of the Leadership Development process.
Comprehensive leadership and self assessments conducted through this phase.
Building from the insights of Priority Alignment, Leadership + Self Discovery we move to uncover important strengths and challenges and build actionable plans.
Workshop: 7 key practices to phenomenal leadership during this phase.
Real-time practice and application of learnings in the work environment is critical for long term success of building, developing, and solidifying new leadership styles.
Practical application with the support of 1:1 coaching conducted through this phase.
Leadership teams want to know and believe they are working in harmony with the identified executive priorities of the organization. Yet, when they reflect on a few simple questions they discover critical disconnects that need to be addressed. Some of these disconnects occur in the five areas of priority around:
Why is it important to have the executive and next tier leadership aligned?
- It fosters a collaborative environment
- Prevents your organization from working in silos
- A more efficient use of your people and resources
- Your organization becomes disciplined with doing more with less to prepares for the mass exodus in the workforce that is coming.
Your organization can expect to be in sync on the most important issues, are able to debate and challenge each other productively, and model behavior that engages leaders at all levels. This step is a key differentiator for your organization to achieve a competitive advantage in developing and attracting top talent.
The most effective leaders know their teams: The strengths they possess and what motivates them. We help you understand your next tier talent at the deepest level and we use trusted, comprehensive tools that reveal precise details of their behaviors, drivers, skills, competencies and acumen.
Deploying these types of tools creates visibility into the most accurate and detailed picture of a person’s how and why which is inclusive of a look at their skills and the thinking filters they deploy. This approach uncovers highly valuable insights into all levels of their talent and potential for expanded leadership responsibilities.
Our certified analysts take you and the next tier leader through a debrief of their assessment with the goal of:
- Identifying the right talent to assume vital leadership roles in the organization.
- Uncovering high potential talent that can build and motivate teams to their full potential and profitability.
- Analyzing and identifying the key strengths and blind spots present in your talent slated for leadership.
- Supporting the creation and deployment of development plans for your rising talent to reach their full potential of high performance.
When it comes to training your next tier leaders, we provide a first-rate training plan that employs comprehensive assessment solutions, coaching, workshops and practical application on the job. This is a critical step to give next tier leaders the training and tools to be effective leaders and give them opportunities to put it into practice in their current roles with the guidance of a skilled coach.
These sessions are built to help managers understand the 7 key competencies of a leader:
Leading People—This course concentrates on conflict management, managing diversity, developing people and team building.
Leading Change—Leaders learn about imagining, envisioning, projecting and/or creating what has not yet been actualized and defines what it means to be a strategic thinker.
Results Driven—Accountability, making decisions and problem solving to help the leader stay focused on the results most important for the organization.
Negotiation—Listening to many points of view and facilitating agreements between two or more parties. Effectively and tactfully handling difficult or sensitive issues and building partnerships.
Scorecard/Key Accountabilities—Role clarity and understanding how their key accountabilities relate to your organization’s strategic goals.
Feedback and Communication—Learning the different purposes and types of feedback for different types of people is learned.
Interpersonal Skills—Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people. Integrity, values, openness to learning are examined.
During this practical application stage, it is important to allow next tier leaders to focus and dive deeper into areas such as modeled behavior, team development, cross-functional collaboration, goal alignment, overcoming bias and the identification and practice of accountabilities. This real-time practice and application of learnings in the work environment is critical for long-term success of building, developing, and solidifying new leadership styles while also leading their teams to high performance and desired results.
Through this application, the next tier leader learns:
- How to create meaningful connections inside and outside your organization.
- Explore effective ways to build trust as a leader while learning how to strengthen their team.
- How to develop a work environment where their team thrives.
- Where they need to align around goals and responsibilities
- To establish shared commitments with the executive team.
- Map out your team’s journey
- Guidance from an experienced coach.
Involvement from the executive leadership in the development of the next tier leader directly increases engagement. We work with executive leadership to develop a structured engagement approach such as:
- Executive rounding. Executives round on staff and leaders and ask a targeted set of engagement-related questions.
- Town halls. Executives work with next tier leaders with their communication
skills in hosting company town halls as they learn how to communicate the organization’s performance and top priorities.
- Informal conversations with executives. Executives host regular “branded” events to connect with next tier leaders on a personal level and surface concerns and questions.
- Executive blog. Executive team co-authors a blog with the next tier leaders with the goal of helping them get to know the priorities of the organization.
- Stretch goals. We work with executive leadership to establish stretch opportunities for the next tier leaders to solidify leadership practices and create mentorship opportunities.
TNT LEADERSHIP ACCELERATOR
The Accelerator is designed to bring the TNT Leader into an advisory group of cross-industry peers for shared wisdom and bottom-line success. These facilitated mastermind groups include other TNT leaders from a variety of industries made up of non-competing businesses.
Participating in the TNT Accelerator isn’t a passive experience. It’s intended to be truly collaborative, where you get as much as you give. The TNT Leader’s work starts even before they attend a meeting. They will spend time working with members of your executive leadership to engage the TNT Leader in issues pertaining to your business and begin considering the goals and challenges that not only stretch their leadership development, but they will bring back insights to help your organization gain a competitive advantage. Other benefits include:
1. Keeping newly trained TNT Leaders engaged until opportunities for advancement become available in your organization.
2. Insights from like-minded high-achieving leaders from other diverse industries.
3. An extended network of professionals for accountability, for fresh challenges, and exposure to leadership skills from many industries.